So I’m sure your remember Mike Myers’ “Coffee Talk with Linda Richman” where if Linda got a little verkelmpt she would give some random topic and say “Talk amongst yourselves.” I figure that would be the perfect title whenever I list a series of random links and off topic discussions. So here is the first edition of “Talk Amongst Yourselves”
- So does Jamie Moyer really want to pitch in 2012? He is rehabbing from Tommy John surgery and appears that he does want to pitch for an MLB team, but he is 49 and throws pitches in the 80’s. Could he still be effective as a starter? I have a hard time thinking he could, but would a team want him on their team? Yes, only because he is a huge PR story and 33 wins from 300. However I don’t think he has the 4-5 years left that he would need to reach 300.
- Speaking of 300 wins, does anybody believe we will ever see another 300 win pitcher? It hard to look at current pitchers and see anybody that stands out as a lock or even a really good chance at that mark.
- The key to Michigan rebounding is a Detroit Renaissance, here to hoping that this is the beginning.
- There was a conversation about baseball cards over at BleacherNation and then I read this article on Fangraphs “Lies my Baseball Cards Told Me.” Can’t wait until I get back to my parents house so I can flip through my baseball card collection.
- In the absurd but reported world that is sports rumors, BleacherReport.com wonders if “Chicago Cubs Getting Brian Cashman Could Lead to CC Sabathia.” I guess it’s good to dream, but I don’t want to hear a series of Cashman+ Giardi+ CC rumors over the next few months.
- A nice article about the Michigan Craft Beer Movement, all you east/west coasters I’m telling you Michigan breweries are growing and produce some amazing beer.
- Yes this format has a striking resemblance to BleacherNation's News and Other Bullets feature. I'm not trying to reinvent the wheel here, I'm just a pirate after all.