Monday, August 29, 2011

The Inaugural Post

Greetings,

Welcome to the MichiganGoat Rambler: A place where things Cubs, Beer, and Michigan get combined with random ramblings and obscure thoughts.

In the world of a billion blogs one has to ask why start another blog?  Is there really anything I can add to discussion?  Can I really write, report, or comment on anything in an original manner that anyone would actually want to read?

Well the answer is NO, I cannot add anything of great value to an already cluttered internet, so why am I doing this?  I’m doing this for me and if you want to join the ride your welcome to see where this might go.

So about this person who refers to himself as MichiganGoat: In the matter of two years I’ve gone through a divorce, a career change, a couple of moves, and now have the time to start to record my thoughts and journeys for any interested voyeur.

So what is to be expected?  Honestly,  I do not know.  I’m sure I’ll share my love of beer and the Chicago Cubs regularly, I’ll do my best to support Michigan where I can (primarily by drinking Michigan brewed beer), I’ll share stories of being a single dad and raising a three year old,  and I’ll be all kinds of ADD with everything else.

Before I end this inaugural post, I must give a thank you to BleacherNation.com and its fearless leader Brett.  It was on BleacherNation that I developed the MichiganGoat persona and connected with some of the greatest online entities one can find.  If you are looking for Chicago Cub news, information, and analysis you will find no better place than BleacherNation and you will see me there regularly.

This site will change frequently as I get re-familiar with HTML and web design so check back regularly for redesigns and improvements, and if anyone is good with graphic design— I’m looking for someone to rework my avatar, background, and general design work.

I've been increasing my internet presence so on top of this blog and my regular posts on BleacherNation you can follow me on Twitter, view me on Facebook, or communicate with me via email.

Enjoy, but just remember I'm not your buddy


4 comments:

  1. They have the internet on computers now?

    Only in Michigan, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, look at you. Big-timin' it. Just don't forget us when you're a star.

    Also, how have we never discussed: are you a UM fan? If so, I = huge Michigan fan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I got my big boy pants on now, funny since I just finished potty training my girl, and I did my undergraduate at Indiana University (I'm originally a Hoosier) but I'm more UM than MSU.

    ReplyDelete